In the present time, the Ketogenic diet or keto diet is becoming one of the most popular ways for weight loss or improve health. Many people’s are following a keto diet menu for good health.
Keto diet foods are low in carbs and high in healthy fats as well as high in protein. These components are promoted to health.
This Keto-friendly diet is to prevent many types of disease like Obesity, type 2 diabetes. Also, many people are following this keto diet menu plan for weight loss or good health.
In this article, we describe a keto diet menu in detail. Also, explained about its types and benefits to start this diet plan.
What is a keto diet?
The ketogenic diet, also known as “keto,” is known to be the latest in weight loss programs. The diet is to reduce the carbohydrates by 50 grams per day or less to help the body achieve a state of ketosis in which it needs to convert fat (instead of sugar) into energy.
A typical keto diet contains 80% fat, 15% protein and only 5% carbohydrate calories. If you consume 2,000 calories a day that means that only 100 of them come from carbohydrates, including healthy carbohydrates like fruits and vegetables.
When you eat in this way, it releases ketosis, which means that your body has burned all of its carbohydrates and must start burning fat to gain energy.
Types of ketogenic diets
The standard keto diet:
It is still a low carbohydrate, low protein and high-fat diet that has been extensively studied and found to be useful for therapeutic purposes such as diabetes.
Cyclically keto diet:
Also referred to as the “carbohydrate cycle”, this diet involves injecting short periods of high carbohydrate consumption into a regular diet to replenish the glycogen stores required for muscle growth. This version is not well studied and is aimed more at serious athletes and bodybuilders.
Targeted keto diet:
In a targeted diet, you consume carbohydrates while exercising to improve your athletic performance without waiting too long for ketosis. This version is also for hardcore athletes.
Some Keto-friendly foods for a keto diet menu plan
Keto diet is the best way to cut carbs intake into your diet and add some healthy fat and protein.
Ketogenic foods are always below in carbs that will be good for weight loss.
So, here we describe some Keto-friendly foods, that are low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fat and protein.
- Eggs – it is a good source of high protein.
- Seafood – like selfish and fish. It is Keto-friendly food.
- Meat – you can add meat in your keto diet. Like pork, beef, bison is choice.
- Dairy products – dairy products are a good source of protein and fat. You can use yogurt, cream, milk etc.
- Nuts – Almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachio, corn nuts, hazelnuts, peanuts etc.
- Seeds – Flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Low-carb vegetables – Kale, broccoli, mushrooms, Cauliflower, tomatoes etc.
- Oils – Some oils contain healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, canola oil, flaxseed oil etc.
- Avocado – This is a great source of healthy fat. You get 20g monounsaturated fat per single avocado.
- Berries – Like blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry are high in fiber and low in carbs.
- Cheese – Mozzarella, goat cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese, etc.
- Condiments – Including salt, vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, pepper, etc.
Avoid this food when you are following a keto diet.
- Sweets – Sweets are not good for the diet. You need to avoid sugar, chocolate, ice cream, syrup.
- Junk foods – Many junk foods like pizza, burger, noodles, are not good for Healthy Diet.
- Grain products – Rice, oats, whole grain bread.
- Beans and legumes – Chickpeas, black beans, lentils.
- High-carb fruits – Grapes, pineapple and bananas.
- High-carb sauces – Ketchup, bbq sauces, Cholula sauce, chilli paper sauces, sweet chilli sauces, jalapeno pepper sauces.
- Sweetened Beverages – Juice, soda, tea, coffee, sports drinks.
- Alcoholic beverages – Beer, wine, cocktails, cider, alcohol.
- Starchy vegetables – Potatoes, corns, sweet potatoes, green peas, pumpkin.
- Bread and baked goods – Whole-wheat bread, white bread, cookies, doughnuts, whole grain bread.
keto diet menu for beginners
So you chose the high-fat and low-carbohydrate diet, better known as the ketogenic fat burning diet. Whether you want to lose weight, have more energy or exercise differently, Keto is currently a popular choice.
But finding a keto diet yourself is not an easy task, especially as a high-fat diet is not taken for granted by those who are used to the traditional high-carbohydrate diet. When it comes to starting the keto diet, having a plan is a must.
Listed below is an example of a keto diet menu plan that you can start with
Option 1: Spinach, mushroom and feta omelette with keto coffee (coffee with added fat such as MCT oil, butter or bone broth protein). This option of breakfast is a great protein content source and also has healthy fats which help reduce cravings and make you focus on the diet plan.
Option 2: Whole milk, unsweetened yoghurt with cream, raspberries, chia seeds and walnuts. “This type of combination requires an accurate count of carbohydrates and servings since all yogurts naturally contain lactose, a carbohydrate.” The combination with carbohydrates-free protein like two eggs can help to balance the macros.”
Option 1: Broccoli with baked salmon. This baked salmon is very rich in heart-healthy fats while the broccoli is low in carbohydrates but has high fiber content.
Option 2: Nitrate-free bacon added with avocado, cheese, and spicy pumpkin seeds with grape tomatoes.
Option 3: Prepare your own lunch with grilled chicken by adding a slice of ham without nitrates content, cheese cubes, cucumber slices, a boiled egg, and also raw grape tomatoes with raw vegetables or broccoli.
Option 1: Romaine lettuce with Caesar salad, chicken breast, bacon and Parmesan. “Rich in protein and hearty, it’s the perfect meal to finish the day – it goes well with an olive oil vinaigrette and lots of cheese to increase the fat content.”
Option 2: Grass-fed ground beef fried with onions and low-carbohydrate tomato sauce. The Grass-fed ground beef fried can be served with low-carbohydrate shirataki noodles.
Also note that to preserve your meal with fat content, zucchini can be sautéed in olive oil and also it can be added directly to the sauce.”
Option 3: Eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and some tomatoes fried in garlic and olive oil before you grilled it with chicken. Another added information if you add an extra sauce of fat with thick cream or coconut cream this can be a good choice to balance macros.
Option 1: Make a sausage roll with turkey and avocado. You can also make a bun with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, turkey and avocado this would give you a perfect mix of fat and protein in one snack.
Option 2: Spread cream cheese between Slice a cucumber into two and spread cheese between them. Note that cucumber is an excellent carbohydrate-free vegetable, which when combined with high-fat cream cheese would give you a delicious and pleasant snack.
Option 3: Spicy guacamole with raw zucchini slices in smaller portions, since carbohydrates are minimal, it is important that you spend your carbs on rich foods in nutrients like vegetables.
Option 4: You can add this foods into your keto snacks.
- Avocado with vegetables
- Boiled eggs
- Collard greens sandwich
- Cheese with berries
- Macadamia nuts
- Olive oil with vegetables
- Keto smoothie with almond milk or coconut milk, berries, avocado
- Kale with a vegetable salad
- Avocado toast
- Low carb graham crackers
- Chicken sausage rolls
- Brussels sprouts chips
- Broccoli cheddar bites
- Keto mozzarella sticks
- Cheese crisps
- Salt and vinegar zucchini chips
- Cream cheese stuffed peppers
These keto snacks are good for your health if you taking these snacks in control. If you take a big amount of snacks, it will cause weight gain.
You need to find that, how much calories you need to add into your keto diet as well as your weight loss program.
Add this ketogenic food in your shopping list:
Shopping of Keto diet foods can be a bit tricky. There are many processed, packed foods or high-fat foods are available.
But ketogenic diet should include high protein, high healthy fats, and low in carbs.
Here is the list of some Keto-friendly foods for shopping. This food should be a part of your grocery shopping for Ketogenic foods.
- Low-carb vegetables: Spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale.
- Low-sugar fruit: Avocado, coconut, lemon, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries.
- Meat and poultry: Chicken, beef, venison, turkey, lamb, pork.
- Seafood: Salmon, sardines, crab, tuna, mussels, cod, shrimp, shellfish.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good choice.
- Nuts: Macadamia nuts, almond, cashew, brazil nuts, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachio.
- Seeds: Flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Dairy products: Plain greek yogurt, cream, butter.
- Cheese: Cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese.
- Keto snacks: Nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, sugar-free turkey, low-carb crackers.
- Oils: Coconut oil, avocado oil, nut oils, extra-virgin olive oils.
- Avocado: the Best source of healthy fats.
- Tea and coffee: Unsweetened tea or coffee.
- Chocolate: Dark chocolate only.
- Condiments: Mustard, unsweetened ketchup, olive oil mayonnaise, sea salt, herbs, salsa, pepper, vinegar.
What is benefits of Keto diet?
New research confirms the benefits of keto in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism and multiple sclerosis (MS). It can also be protective in traumatic brain injuries or strokes.
One theory of the neuroprotective effects of keto is that ketones formed during ketosis provide extra fuel to the brain cells, which can help these cells resist damage caused by the inflammation caused by these diseases.
Obesity and weight loss:
If you are trying to lose weight, the keto diet is very effective because it helps you to lose weight and lose weight. Constant hunger is the main problem when trying to lose weight.
Keto dieting helps to avoid this problem, as reducing carbohydrate consumption and increasing fat intake will increase satiety, making it easier for people to join the diet.
In one study, obese subjects on a low-carbohydrate diet (20.7 lbs) lost twice their weight within 24 weeks compared to the low-fat group (10.5 lbs).
Type 2 diabetes:
Besides of weight loss, dietetic ketosis also helps improve insulin sensitivity, which is ideal for people with type 2 diabetes.
In a study published in Nutrition & Metabolism, the researchers found that diabetics who ate low carbohydrate could significantly reduce and possibly even reverse the reliance on antidiabetics.
Also, it improves other health markers such as lowering triglycerides and increasing HDL (good) cholesterol.
The ketogenic diet is a good source of high protein and healthy fat. It is low in carbs and calories.
If you are following keto diet, then must focus on eating high protein, high fat and low carbs food like seafood, eggs, dairy products, low-carb vegetables, olive oil.
Also, you can consume sugar-free beverages like water, water with lime, and coconut water, etc. Be careful and avoid junk foods, processed foods, unhealthy fats and high sweet foods.
You can make your keto diet menu with helping of this article information as per your need. Also, you can start a keto diet for weight loss.